Infinity Youth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Youth

Infinity Youth

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS! Empty
PostSubject: The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS!   The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:18 pm

(I originally named it "The RPing board RULES", but that has another meaning lol)

This will be updated every now and then :D

1. No post can be any less than two sentences minimum.
This is because some players are lazy and only put in bits like "we climbed the mountain" or "he looked up" as posts, and that's just a waste of time. RPing is serious guys! If you're not going to at least spend some time on each post than don't join in, otherwise I will rage at you ^^
2. Use correct punctuation and grammar.
None of this "he sez dis 2 hur" crap, because it's a pain to read, never mind to understand. Keep in mind that even if you understand what you're trying to get across, it may sound like you come from Mars to the rest of us. Please at least TRY to type nicely.
3. Use detail, but only enough for everyone to imagine the scene.
If your posts only consist of action, then it's kind of boring. But if you use TOO MUCH, other players may get bored of your post and just skip it, missing what may be vital detail.
4. No planning is required, unless people's ideas run into each other.
Most RPs aren't planned so there's an element of surprise. However, minimal planning is. Say, the overall goal of your RP thread must be known to all players, so that no one goes off randomly in one direction, while the rest of them try and aim for one thing.
5. A new thread must be made for each new day.
Everytime your RP characters start a new day, a separate thread is to be made, so to minimize confusion. I did this at another forum and, trust me, it really does help. Say, for Quest One, you'd have your Day One thread, your Day Two thread, etc. And at the beginning of each new day thread you must post a summary of what has happened so far, so new players aren't confused when they join in half way (most RPs let this, but I suppose it really depends on the leader. Oh yes, every RP thread usually has one of those too. Most of the time they're Mods, but I guess you don't have to be one xD *HINT HINT*) and nor are the other players who have been offline (or whatever.)
NOTE TO N00B5: You may not understand any of that. Don't worry, when we put this into practice, you'll get the hang of it.
6. Character sheets must be provided for every RP you sign up for.
I.e. You must type out a character bio for every different story you want to join. This makes it easier for whoever is managing the story, and helps decide whether or not they want you or not xD. You don't have to use the same character for every story, and even if you do, their skills and decisions can be different to another story. Most RPers usually have one character that they use the most though, so it's easier for them to remember who they are in different stories.

If there's more, I shall update.
BRENDAN! HELP ME THINK OF SOME XD
One of us really does need to be a Mod for this to work =\
OR BOTH!
*ANOTHERHINT ANOTHERHINT*
xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.AnnieeChann.deviantart.com
Ueno-Station-52
Veteran
Ueno-Station-52

PostSubject: Re: The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS!   The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 am

i will think, but do i agree, i beleef only me and u are past RPers, so we may need some lvl of controll

its been a while since i rp'ed hope i remember howto right XD

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS! Mangekyouuk8
Back to top Go down
http://ueno-station-52.deviantart.com/
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

PostSubject: Re: The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS!   The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:15 am

I'm still RPing.
Actually I just started a while back :D
Like, when school started? xD

LOL. Dw lah~
'Cause it'll only be me laughing at you if you do something wrong anyway :D
Back to top Go down
Ueno-Station-52
Veteran
Ueno-Station-52

PostSubject: Re: The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS!   The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:24 am

so we all understand?

should this be a sticky?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS! Itachieye
Back to top Go down
http://ueno-station-52.deviantart.com/
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

PostSubject: Re: The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS!   The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:30 am

Yes but I can't figure out how to make it one =\
CALL ME A NEWB =(
But eh. Once I figure it out, I'll do it :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS!   The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Role Playing Board REGUALTIONS!
Page 1 of 1