Infinity Youth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Youth

Infinity Youth

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Journey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
-Will-Yum-
4th Hokage
4th Hokage
-Will-Yum-

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:23 pm

As most of you already know, the chapter of Activate has ended, and the journey of Infinity is about to begin. There's a side of me that's sad, and a side of me that's glad. But I guess I wanted to share, and also wanted to know how it was for everyone. How has the journey with Activate being, how its shaped us and changed us. I'm not going to put everything because it'll be too long, but I'm going to put some major events that's happened within this journey.

1) The Beginning

For me, it was a weird place where everyone was Asian, friendly and loud. Who the heck meets together in a shoe factory? I tried my best to feel comfortable with Church, but to some degree it was weird ... they jump during songs ?!?? What da ??

But regardless of all the weirdness that came with the place, it's also the first place that I really knew I was loved. Don't remember what the Preacher said, just remembered I wanted what he was talking about. It was the first time I accepted Christ, I couldn't help but cry, because I seriously felt so loved at that moment. That was the first of Activate for me

2) Building Friendships

This was an important part for me, I knew God and I was saved, but finding friend was kinda hard for me Razz Everyone else was so cool .. and i was .. so not cool Razz Activate for me was a place where i truly built good friendships, people who genuinely cared for me and loved me .. it is good Very Happy I use to hang out with all the guys from Church every moment i could. I remember countless times going to the beach after Church, just hanging out and joking abt everything and anything. Friendships that really encouraged me, Activate was an awesome place of fellowship for me

3) Becoming a leader

From being apart of the Church to now the leader of God St .. then shortly afterwards Activate as well. It really did change my life. I've always wanted to serve God, but I didnt realise i would be doing it as a leader of people. I remember hard moments in both, but especially in God St .. OMG u guys were so quiet .. sub points within God St
- Running an amazing "Warehouse" service .. which included .. Jono and Chris ... and me ... it was good memories boys Razz Everyone else just did there on thing .. no one would listen to me!!!
- Learning the macarena (LOL no one wanted to sing in P&W .. poor Heiko .. had his electric and poured his heart out .. wat other choice did i have but to force everyone 2 learn the macarena .. arent u'z glad i did ?!?? Wink
- Hearing people talk for the first time .. this list includes (Mel, Monica, Jess, Grace, Nico) damn Asians so quiet!!!
- Meeting Michelle and Jennifer at random Church camp .. ah good memories .. they made me a play-do bracelet that ive unfortunately lost .. and i also believe its the first time they saw a mans hairy legs .. they havent been the same since then ....
- Seeing all you ladies and gentlemen pour ur hearts out in P&W .. this happened in a few occasions .. but i seriously wont forget the impact it had me on .. seeing everyone cry and sing .. its been an amazing journey Razz

Also within Activate .. again it was great years at the beginning .. tonnes of people, awesome camps, God moved so often that we kinda took advantage of it Razz

It was long hrs of meetings with Chris and Sean .. seriously for 2 years straight .. i saw Sean everyday .. that's why he avoids me now Razz
But all in all it was a great experience starting out in Ministry .. every moment of every day you knew you were making an impact in people's lives .. so worth it.

4) Friends that have left us

I can't say that the journey within Activate has been smooth all along, that it was only all glory and no pain. I remember the many times laying in my bed wondering where people have gone .. wat did i do wrong? Friends, people who I got to share the journey with for years, now suddenly gone. Each and everyone one of them have helped shape my life, make me who i am today. Its definitely a challenging time when the very people you put hrs upon hrs with, would suddenly be gone.

Am I bitter about it? No not really, where ever they are gone is up to them, to be honest im grateful i was able to be apart of there lives for a season, hopefully they feel as glad 2 have known me as i am to know them. My only regret is that people feel so condemn to even approach me .. if only they knew I cared. My prayer is that no matter what they are doing, may they find God in it, and that one day when we meet in Heaven ... we can just laugh abt it Razz Activate in this aspect has taught me alot .. but mainly this one thing, I can't be the answer to everyone .. but i can at least listen .. and point them 2 the person who has the answers .. my Jesus Very Happy

5) Picking up a guitar . and worshipping God

Wat can i say ? If not for Activate .. i would never have picked up a guitar .. got to play it with an awesome cast of friends and family week in and week out. It hasnt always been easy .. i remember many times being frustrated that things dont work out the way i want. But in general .. to see everyone put there hearts into honoring God .. i cant help but excuse the many rough moments

Ok this is getting really long .. most of the other things r quiet recent .. im sure i'll get to it some other day Razz

I'll finish it with this note .. Thanks everyone for an awesome journey .. i wish i could physically thank everyone who's been apart of my life and Activate for my last 6 years of my life .. its being awesome .. amazing highs .. amazing lows .. even just the norm. I'm who I am because of Activate .. because of the people who are apart of it. If I could spend the rest of my life getting to know everyone who's been on this journey and growing together in God .. i will definitely die a happy man. It's time to say goodbye Activate .. you've been a great friend to me .. but ive got the future to look 4ward to. Me and my brothers and sisters are taking this forward .. the past is now behind us, and were looking 2 the future.

May the future bring us plenty of laughs, plenty of tears, plenty of everything, and may we enter this next chapter of our lives together.

I really cant wait to see everyone there. That is my story, my first chapter. Farewell Activate

To Be Continued ....
Back to top Go down
Nighto
Regular
Nighto

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:20 pm

Great post Will =]

I can pretty much say the same...

I thought Activate was a weird place at first... one of the first things I noticed was... it was multicultural (this was noticed because Neil was the 2nd person I met in activate lol). I saw people worshipping God so passionately.. i haven't really seen anything like it... my Indo church is full of old people so can't expect them to jump around and stuff Razz

I particularly noticed William though. At first I thought he was this guy named Phillip whom i used to know back in my indo church...until he told me his name haha
But Will was full moving around in the slow songs... it was different sight. Then... before I knew it... I was told to sit next to him and i'm glad i was... he became my best friend for life =] (although i was an annoying brat.. forgive me will ><)

I glad that he persevered my quietness and insecurities...i think about it now and just realise how stupid they were and how weird it would be to hear that..
Because of this act of love, i stood by with activate because yea... pretty much the same reason... people genuinely loved me... but my reason for being in activate changed when i went to camp in 2005. I accepted Christ and my journey begins there. It was also where I learnt how to speak in tongues (funny but wonderful experience) and where i got to know Chris O there and b4 i knew it... we became best friends also =]

Then I started to join God st and things became much more interesting there hahaha... i was one of the older ones for once! And i felt much more suited to be in there... so i started going every week and it has been fun. I got to know everyone and we just grew together from there... great memories... (on msn tragically...)

Then HSC period came up... HAH! We know where THIS is going... It was a tough era... but i eventually got through it... not that big a deal anymore... its as if it had no meaning in my life anymore Very Happy (thats the way i want it to be Razz)

I finished that.. and now im here... obviously i went through ALOT from then to here and i am continuously being moulded because of that.

I really will miss activate and the memories that will be cherished in my heart.. and i am always thankful for the people who have impacted so much in my life during the time of activate...
But now it's time to let go of the past.. for the new has come... to be filled with more memories... lets make the most of it everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
https://infinityyouth.forumotion.net
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 am

I remember the first time I went to Activate. Both Ashe and Anna had invited me, and it was me, Jessie (who had gone few times before, I think) and Karin (who has moved schools). It was the first time in a long time that I felt awkward.. Not because no one liked me (I hoped) but because this was the one time I felt completely accepted. It may not sound much, but everywhere I went, and everywhere I go.. There's always some one who isn't impressed with what I do and how I act. I'm judged all the time by everyone. It's hard to like up to..
But at Activate, it was amazing. I have never experienced anything like it. I think that if everyone had a place like our warehouse to go to, we could end a lot of bad things.

I don't suppose I've gone such a big change as, say Nico or Will, but that's probably because I haven't part of Activate for as long.
The other day I was having a discussion with a friend that I've know since high school, and she said something that I found.. Quite surprising, you could say.
"I never knew you were so religious, Annie, knowing Bible quotes and stuff," she said to me.
Indeed, I never used to read bits of the Bible in my spare time, nor did I have any intention of knowing bits of it off by heart either. I've been attending Catholic schools for most of my educated life, but I've never been religious at all. I never went to church and I never even celebrated Christmas.

Christmas O8 was the first time that I had celebrated Christmas. Ever.

I think I've grown, spiritually. And I can only be able to do something like that with support from people like Will.
You're amazing, you know that?
Seriously.

Activate started my spiritual journey.
Infinity will enhance it, I'm sure.
Because it doesn't matter what we name it: We're still a community of young people who are growing.
Actually, we're pretty much family.

Actually, I kept mixing up your names the first few times I went.
I didn't have any confirmation with the names until a few months into it.. For those few months I didn't call anyone by their names because I was scared I'd get them wrong ><

I'll continue later. It's the end of school and I'm going home~

Last edited by KaeMAGIC on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.AnnieeChann.deviantart.com
-Will-Yum-
4th Hokage
4th Hokage
-Will-Yum-

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 am

Hahha .. u know wat I just realised

For a long time i thought that Church should b this place where everything is perfect .. that every week we should always have laughs and have fun .. and obviously worship God .. have awesome P&W .. a great word etc etc ..

I must admit for a long time that's what i've been aiming for .. i guess i still am

But after reading u guys post .. i realised thats not wat i appreciate abt the Church the most

What i appreciate the most is that i can go there every week and find my family there .. its seriously like a family .. coz for sure non of u r perfect Razz heck i get annoyed by half of you'z Razz

But like a family .. im glad i can go home every week 2 u all .. all of our imperfections .. all of the good times and the bad times

I think .. i appreciate that so much more

For everyone who's been apart of my life for the last year .. and some of you even longer

Cheers .. u'z make it worth the journey Razz

Seriously we got a great Church
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:14 am

There's an idea that a "church" is a big building with crosses everywhere and nice crystal windows..
It's not. It's the community. The family within that big building with crosses etc.

And Will, there's a quote I got from somewhere that relates to what you're saying lol (I have lots of quotes, don't I.)
"We like someone for their perfection, but love them for their imperfection."
And it's true. If you look closely enough (like I do) at the words "I'm perfect", they can turn into "imperfect".
The English language is sometimes quite amazing, I think.

I think the most amazing thing about our church is that we can somehow bring out the best in everybody: no one cares about what you've done wrong in the past or any of your bad points. Everyone is accepted, and that's pretty Awesome.
I remember going to another youth previously. I never felt like I fit in, even though the people there were great and so was the rest of their community etc, but they had known each other for all their lives, and I didn't have that aspect.

Activate has taught me a lot about life.
I had buckets and buckets full of insecurity, and I still do. But the load has lessened by learning that I can secure in God.
Now I must learn to secure in people, too..
I didn't realize that Christians didn't only consist of Catholics, who sit stiffly in pews at a big cathedral listening to priests.. Not that that's a bad thing, but I suppose it's hard to get a message across to people like me, who get bored easily.. When it came to jumping around during songs, though, it took me a while to even get used to the idea - never mind joining in.

I think you guys persuaded me to keep up with Music.
I was going to give it up, to be honest. I wasn't ever going to touch my guitar again, after last year, and only continue with my Art, but I got "readdicted" (you could say) to Music.
I've found me a talent, and I would like to develop it into a skill. I suppose I could find a balance. Somewhere between Art and Music..

We do, Will. We do.
Back to top Go down
Sugar Anna
N00b.
Sugar Anna

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:04 am

wow that really touched me...now i'm all teary >.<
this really has brought back so many good times with god st and activate..
activate really is a loving family...i don't think i will ever be able to find a church and totally be my self like activate...it really has been good times...and good memories... memores that i will never forget. so many people in church have been there the times that i was sad and happy...and all these other weird emotions that i go though XD and i really want to thank you for listening, activate really have shaped me into a happier person and who i really am todayXD
and yes...i knowXD i really am annyoing haha~
i can talk and talk and talk and talk and talk....
yea..XD
so thanks for been there for meXD
oh and son!
u are truley amazing!!
so many more stuff to say...so less time..
i need to go to history now =="
XD toodles~
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 am

Sugar Anna wrote:
Believe it, guys. She was just about in tears by the time she finished reading the posts.
Back to top Go down
-Will-Yum-
4th Hokage
4th Hokage
-Will-Yum-

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:33 pm

LOL its not that sad is it ???

hahaha well at least we've said our goodbyes

Thanks everyone for the encouragement .. but the truth is from my side i've got ppl im grateful for

Nico Chris and Brendan really shaped my life esp in the last few yrs

Im glad 2 have guys like them around in my life

To be honest .. ive grown closer 2 them then anyone else really

But i also must admit ... i do take everyone for granted .. all the ppl in my life .. because i see them so much .. (eg Family) .. i tend to 4get how special they really r

Cheers everyone .. u'z make life fun and deep and meaningful
Back to top Go down
Nighto
Regular
Nighto

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Sugar Anna wrote:
activate really is a loving family...i don't think i will ever be able to find a church and totally be my self like activate...

Speaking of which.. where have you been? lol

And yes will.. im glad to have someone like you around my life Very Happy
oh and everyone else of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:30 am

Nighto wrote:
Sugar Anna wrote:
activate really is a loving family...i don't think i will ever be able to find a church and totally be my self like activate...

Speaking of which.. where have you been? lol

And yes will.. im glad to have someone like you around my life :D
oh and everyone else of course :D
She's been going to another youth on Fridays. In Hurstville xD

LOL WILL. It's not THAT sad.. But I guess it's still leaving something behind..
Activate's the best <3
Back to top Go down
-Will-Yum-
4th Hokage
4th Hokage
-Will-Yum-

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:59 am

hahah yea Activate's cool .. but its time to let it go

farwell Activate farwell ...
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:54 am

I'm not going to let go..
Because something as grand as Activate can't be let go of.
I will, however, welcome changes. Because we are always changing to fit the world and circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Nighto
Regular
Nighto

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Yeps... wow.. first Infinity service... it was..great! haha
you hsould sometime annie =]
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 am

INFINITY WAS AWESOMEEE <3
Lol even my friends who looked kind of awkward (haha) said that it was fun lmao xD
He goes "It was kinda random.. But really cool"
Haha he said it was like a rock concert lol

*shrugs*
I'd rather not forget xD
Back to top Go down
Nighto
Regular
Nighto

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:11 pm

who was your friend? i didnt see a guy amongst you girls... unless... visual kei??? o.O
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:11 am

Did the skin just randomly change?? Haha
It was Ivan, Ian and Leroy..
Ivan and Ian were the twins haha
They weren't hanging out with me xDD
Back to top Go down
Sugar Anna
N00b.
Sugar Anna

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:19 am

haha infinity was fun!
haha i've been around:D
on sunday i have tudoring now
>.<"
and then i have chink school:O
accually i'm planning on leaving chinese school after next term =="
i hardly ever learn any thing >.<
oooooo i just realised all the emoticons there areXD!!!
lol! afro flower king queen farao Sleep santa cherry Basketball cheers confused affraid rabbit bounce Embarassed Razz Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad LOL THIS IS SOOOO AWESUME!!!
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:22 am

HAHA YOU DELAY, YOU!!
Infinity was awesome indeed :D

Haha no one noticed Ivan, Ian or Leroy?? XDD
I shall make them join :D
Back to top Go down
-Will-Yum-
4th Hokage
4th Hokage
-Will-Yum-

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:12 am

LOL i seriosuly didnt notice them .. how did they get there ?? and when did they leave

see im confused already

but yes Infinity was great .. was a really great start boys and girls

And it'll only get betta Razz
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:54 am

HAHA YEAH XDDD
I'll nag the next time they're on MSN (Y)
*shrugs*
They SAID it was fun haha.

AGREE! xD
Back to top Go down
Nighto
Regular
Nighto

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Well... you never introduced them to ANYONE so no one knows =]
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:27 am

Yeah I did D:
But I don't think anyone remembers xD
Back to top Go down
Nighto
Regular
Nighto

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:24 pm

You didn't intro to me Razz
Back to top Go down
KaeMAGIC
Maple Syrup
KaeMAGIC

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:45 pm

When they came in everyone full crowed around them and tried to guess who was who.. I have no idea where you were, Nico DUCKROLL!
xD

*shrugs* Maika.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey   The Journey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinity Youth :: Lounges :: Life-